More and more blogs are created every day, and it can be hard to stand out from the others. Blogging benefits your brand or business in many ways and it’s difficult for it to get noticed if you don’t know how to differentiate yourself. So if you want your blog to stand out from the pack, here are a few valuable tips to start.
First, think of a catchy name for your blog. The name of your blog is an important aspect of its success. This is an essential factor in attracting your audience and giving a best first impression. A recent post from e2logy explains why a name represents the identity of your blog:
A name represents identity
Think of a catchy name for your blog and create strong and epic content for it.
– Use killer headlines to entice your target audience to your posts. For this, it would be good if you know your target audience well.
– Pick unique topics or you can even write one something common with a unique point of view. You’ll definitely have an advantage
– if you write about juicy and exciting topics as per the likes and preferences of your target niche.
– Make your readers remember your posts long after they’ve read it by integrating interesting stories in your content.
– One thing to remember here is to never use too much textual content on your blog or it would look monotonous to your readers.
– Include other media formats and great visuals (such as videos, audios, graphics, infographics, gifs, images, and other visuals) in your blog.
– You can make your blog look influential by interviewing well known people in your field and including them in your blog or even by reviewing a number of books in your category.
– Another quite important aspect considered to make any blog taste success is by having a consistent publishing schedule for your content. Via e2logy.com
This also applies to creating a good title for your blog posts. A good title helps grab attention and entice people to read your post. It also helps in targeting specific audiences for your post. For that reason, a perfect title can be vital to the success of your blog post.
One of the most important ways to make your blog stand out is to make your content easy to read and scan. You don’t want your visitors to leave your blog because it’s disorganized, and people nowadays tend to scan before they read. A new post from Click Start Club shares the importance of making your content easy to read for your audiences:
Make your content easy to read
According to Blogger.org, in 2016, there were 6.7 million people blogging on blogging sites and 12 million on social media. That’s a lot of blogs! With those figures in mind, it’s clear that if you want to have a successful blog, you have to stand out from the crowd. So here are some tips on how to make your blog stand out.
Short sentences and paragraphs, sub-headers for easy scanning, and an easy on the eyes font and color scheme, all make a difference in the readability of your blog. h/t clickstartclub.com
Nobody likes to view content that is unpleasing to the eyes. The readability of your blog goes a long way. The structure of your content should also be organized to enable easy scanning.
Lastly, use different kinds of media. Make use of images, graphics, videos, infographics, etc. since these are great ways to deliver information to your reader. A recent post from Blogging WP discusses how blog post with images and graphics make it stand out.
Make use of images and graphics
Blog posts with images have a 650% higher engagement rate than posts with text alone. Visual content is pleasing to the eyes. It boosts your message and enhances your brand.
No matter how much you write, a picture tells a better story. You can describe the beaches and sunny weather but it won’t have the same impact as an image. Thus, add relevant pictures and graphics to all your posts. Read more at bloggingwp.com
Visual content is engaging. Adding a visual element to your blog post will catch the attention of readers who are more visually oriented. It also strengthens the message of your content and improves the readability of your blog. You should also make sure to use the highest resolutions for your visual content.
Latest posts by Makki (see all)
- How to Keep Your WordPress Blog Secure - January 17, 2018
- Why You Should Start Your Blog in WordPress - January 8, 2018
- Essential Plugins for Your WordPress Blog - December 27, 2017